If you are considering worshipping with us at Christ Lutheran Church, it is only
natural that you would wonder what your experience here will be like. Here is some
information that may make that visit more comfortable. Also please check the box
at the bottom of this page for some links to quick information you may be looking
- Our main entrance faces the parking lot behind the church building. Once in the
parking lot, the main doorway will be obvious to you.
- Our sanctuary (worship room) is on the upper level. You will see steps to that level
just inside the main entrance. Also there is an elevator just inside those doors
if that makes it easier for you.
- At the top of the steps, there will be greeters who will welcome you and who are
well-informed to help guide you to bathrooms, child care, coat racks, etc. They
will also ask you to sign our Guest Register. You may do this at your discretion,
but it is a great way for us to get to know you.
- To get to the worship area, just walk straight down the hallway and you will be greeted
again – this time by an usher who will give you a bulleting (worship guide) and a
copy of our weekly newsletter called This Week. That newsletter contains a wealth
of information about upcoming events and activities you may be interested in.
- Once inside the sanctuary, we suggest that you take a moment to pray and prepare
yourself for worship. This is an important step because all the things you needed
to do to get here may have left you in anything but a worshipful mood! That happens
to all of us. Pew Bibles are available to assist you in your preparation.
- Just prior to worship, the pastor will greet worshippers and update any announcements
that need to be shared prior to worship.
- After a few more moments of prayer and preparation while prelude music is played,
the pastor will return to the front of the church to lead us as we confess our sins
and hear God’s gracious words of forgiveness.
- Then, as God’s forgiven people the worship begins with a hymn or Call to Worship.
- From there just follow the order of worship from the worship bulletin. It will direct
you to the proper pages of liturgy in the Evangelical Lutheran Worship hymnal.
- There is an offering during the service and it is used to fuel the mission of the
congregation. Guests are not expected to make contributions. This is the work and
commitment of the members.
- Following worship, the pastor greets the worshippers as they leave. It is always
helpful if you introduce yourself and indicate that you are a guest.
- Christ Lutheran Church is part of the 4.5 million member Evangelical Lutheran Church
in America. You can discover much more about Lutherans by visiting the denomination’s
website. To do so, click here.
- If you’d like a visual tour of our facilities, please click here.
- If you’d like to know what kind of preaching you are likely to hear, you can select
a recorded sermon by clicking here and listening. The sermon will continue to play
while you visit other pages on our site as long as you keep the sermon’s window open.
- If there’s something you’d like to know that we didn’t address here. Click here
to send us an email with your question and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.